Monday, January 26, 2009

Notta.

Well, in the week since I last posted, I fell off the wagon (slightly). I was so good last week that I think I felt a little invinceable. I didn't go to either of my spin classes last week. Didn't take the dogs for an hour long walk with Mark. Hardly did my pushups. Did, however, manage to eat at Chick-fil-a, On the Border, Friday's and Cracker Barrel. Four restaurants in four days. AHH.

On a side note, I don't know where I've been but this was my FIRST TIME EVER to eat at Cracker Barrel. I always thought it was like Luby's. I was oh so wrong. It was amazing. I could shop while we waited for our table and then the menu - I couldn't decide! Everything sounded delicious. I was trying to be good, so I got grilled chicken with green beans and pinto beans.... and mashed potatos and cornbread, but whatev.

Anyways. It was my sister's birthday weekend and she picked the restaurants and I blame it entirely on her that I ate our four times in four days. Plus, we had cupcakes, cheesecake AND ice cream for her birthday party. And my mom always has these little dishes of candy sitting out everywhere. Oh and -- Kelly gave me a box of girl scout cookies. Everyone was against me!

So this morning I got up for my Monday Morning Weigh In and cringed as I stepped onto the scale. The number was the exact same as last week, right down to the tenth of a pound. Was I bummed that I didn't lose even a tenth this week? Yes. Was I relieved that I didn't go backwards and gain back the glory of week one? Yes. Am I back on the horse today? Eh. Yeah. I ate some mini Hershey's bars at work today, but just had a bowl of raisin bran (yuck, don't ever buy it) for dinner. Tomorrow, it's all serious. But, it is my sister's real birthday tomorrow so I took the afternoon off to play with her and my mom around town. We're grabbing lunch somewhere and then SHOPPING. Unless this ice storm really comes in. In which case, they won't drive down but I will still take the afternoon off. Yay short days at work!

Besides eating like crap all weekend, we also painted Mark's dinning room, saw Bride Wars, caught up on Biggest Loser, watched the Duggar wedding (uh. train wreck! It was so awkward to watch) and brainstormed puppy names. My parents are getting two border collie puppies! I am really excited to meet them. I've always loved border collies. They are so smart and clever. They are only two weeks old right now, so they won't be getting them for a while still.

Alrighty. TIme for the Bachelor! Jason, you suck at picking potential wives.

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

You totally crack me up. I want you to know that I think it is uber-unfair that you went out FOUR days last week and did not gain a pound. My life is so not fair!

My mom bought me GS cookies, too. I think she is trying to make me lose our bet.

What did you think of Bride Wars? I saw it a couple weeks ago?

Have fun with your mom and sis. I, for one, am hoping for a gigantic ice storm that will prevent me from having to go to work tomorrow. :)

sara [at] journey of doing said...

ICE DAY! I don't know where you work, but I'm taking an ICE DAY because all the schools are closed!

Time to crawl back into bed!

And NO, I do NOT run around outside... only on the treadmill, thank ya very much. Too, too, too cold for the other! :)

*bouncy Sara who is celebrating an ICE DAY!*