Monday, January 19, 2009

Biggest Loser: Solo Edition

Well today was my first weekly weigh in. I stepped on the scale right after I got out of bed (well, I went to the bathroom first. Every little bit helps!) and shut my eyes, afraid to look. I just knew it was going to be the same. Or worse, go up. I feel like I did good this week, eating carefully and thinking about portions, but I just didn't think it was actually going to work. I squinted open one eye and looked at the number. I lost one pound!

I am elated. Seeing this tiny bit of results has boost my motivation back up. So i poured my one cup of cereal into a bowl and cut up an apple to start week two. Then I got back in bed because hey, it's MLK Day and I'm off work!

Two hours later, I'm back up and getting ready to start some laundry. I need to run some errands today as well. Nothing exciting. I need some Drain-o because my shower isn't draining well and I want to get a workout in before this evening. It's just nice to have the extra day to do the things I never got to this weekend. What I really want to do is go to the Galleria and shop. But no. I am holding out. Besides, I'm down to just under two weeks before I get to buy the iPhone. So I really need to save my pennies for the big day.

This weekend my friends Stephanie and Mark were in town from California. We got together with them Friday and Saturday night, and even hit up the Loon. I can't remember the last time I was there, but it didn't take me long to remember how strong its drinks are and how very smokey the air is. While we were sipping on straight rum and coughing through all the second hand smoke, we all decided that Mark will have a Super Bowl party for the game in two weeks. I sent the Evite out last night, before he could change his mind! I'm really excited. We've been dating for over two years and NO ONE has been to his house yet. Plus, Super Bowl Sunday is also iPhone Day! The countdown is on.

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Yay on the loss of a pound! There wasn't a scale at the gym today, so I don't know where I stand. :-\ I hope I'm down, too!

What is the "Loon"?? Sounds intriguing. I don't think I'd like the smoke though.

Superbowl party will be fun!! Who is going to win though???

iPhone is exciting. One of my friends was an engineer on it with Apple! He says it's a lot more stable platform now than it was when it came out.

I'm looking into an iTouch, simply because I think it would be nice to have the i-net capabilities when I am overseas.