Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Day

How did it get to be May already? Working for a school, I still function on semester calendars, so I can't believe the "year" is almost over. I couldn't be more excited for summer to get here though. Here's a few things I have to look forward to:

1. Four day work weeks. Starting June 2, I get every Friday off during the entire summer. This could be the number one perk of my job. What do I plan to do with all those 3 day weekends you ask? Keep reading.

2. "Working" from the beach. My co-worker and I stated to get spring fever a month or so ago, so we searched for some conferences we could attend this summer in fun vacation spots. Well we just found out yesterday that our trip to Sarasota, Florida for a 3 day conference on fundraising was approved! We're working on going down a few days early to extend the trip and maybe even bring the boys along. Perhaps even a day trip to Orlando and.... Disney World? It's in the works.

3. Wedding fun. What would the summer be without some wedding festivities? I've got an engagement party at the end of May and a Bachelorette Weekend at a bride-to-be's lake house in June. Both should be fun times with friends I don't get to see that often.

4. More beach time. My parents have rented a beach house for a week in late June/early July. Hmm. Who's going to have the best tan ever this summer?

5. High School Graduation, Small Town Edition. My little sister is graduating Memorial Day weekend and my parents are planning a party to which they are inviting "half of Muenster." There's even guaranteed live music and all you can drink keg beer.

6. July 4th at the Lake. We're heading back to Lake Ten Killer this summer to spend the Fourth with Mark's college friends and their new boat/lots of fireworks. Once again, hellllo tan.

So that should get me through mid-July. Then perhaps some trips to visit all these girls who have moved away? I've been watching flights.. no steal-of-a-deals yet, but I'm keeping my eyes on the Ding Fares :)

No comments: