Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Engagement Photos!

We (finally) took our engagement photos!

After a week of absolutely gorgeous weather (As in sunny and 72 degrees. In November. Thank you, Texas weather), I was stalking the forecast for our rescheduled e-pic photo shoot. There was talk of a cold front coming in the day before, and possibly some wind and light rain. I prayed in church the weekend before for this storm to hold off just one more day (judge me if you must, but we really did need to get these photos taken and off the To-Do List!) and was thrilled when we got up to Muenster around lunch time yesterday and it was still warm and sunny.

After some quick showers and sprucing-up on our part, Brooks and Leigh, from Brooks Whittington Photography, showed up at my parents’ place for the shoot. I had a couple places scoped out that we wanted to take photos at, so we made a quick game plan on where we’d go first. Much to my surprise, Brooks already knew about the photos I loved and even knew about my steal-of-a-deal white dress! Turns out, he’s came across my blog and had read about my inspiration pics (umm.. hi Brooks!).

So we headed to downtown Muenster to get started. It was a little awkward at first, because there are so many people everywhere, staring at us, while we canoodled outside of the bank. And the grocery store. And some restaurants. We had some pretty serious gawkers - one guy driving by even came to a stop on the road in front of us to stare. Maybe he thought we were celebrities? A few frantic outfit changes in the car later, and we ended the day taking pictures at my parents' house, as the sun was setting and the longhorns were eating. Yup, eating. I'm really curious/excited to see how they turn out! Brooks would show us a few of them on his camera screen every now and then, and they all looked fabulous! He told us it would take about a week and a half to get them all edited and up online and even said he really wanted to get me one to post here on my blog. Thanks Brooks and Leigh for a fun shoot! I'm counting down the days until we get to see the pictures!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

OMG, want to see, want to see, want to see.

Same thing happened to us on Sunday out at Sundance Square -- this group of Asian tourists were watching Kathleen, speaking frantically... poor thing, I think she was a little self conscious... I just blocked them out.

Want to see!!