Monday, October 19, 2009

e-pic Shopping

As you all know, I don't have much luck when it comes to finding a dress when I actually need one. So when Mark and I started planning our wardrobe for our engagement picture session this weekend, he let out a groan and said he wasn't going dress shopping with me this time. Ok. I'll admit it. I get a little particular when it comes to shopping for dresses for any occasion. What can I say? I know what I want and I won't stop until I find it (on sale, of course).

On Sunday, I called friend and Bridesmaid Stephanie to wish her a Happy Anniversary (she got married last October 18! Time flies!) and mentioned to her that we were taking e-pics at my parents' house this weekend and we had no idea what we were going to wear. We want a casual, country, we're-from-Texas feel to our pics, so we knew we were going to wear our cowboy boots, but not sure what to pair them with. Steph remembered a friend of hers who had great e-pics that fit our description and emailed them over to me.

Prepare to swoon.



How perfect is that? I pretty much want to recreate it to a T. Next up:



And now for the piece d'resistence. The most adorable Save the Date. Ever.



I simply had to do these poses with Mark and me, running through the fields of Muenster, chasing the cows in our boots with the sun gleaming down on us. So I set out for the mall this weekend, sans Mark, to find me a dress. Because surely I can find a white, summer, sundress in the middle of October, right?

Right! For once, the Shopping Gods shined down on me and there it was, sitting on the Clearance Rack at Macy's, in just my size. Marked down to $26.



I grabbed it and went straight to the register, where it rung up at $22. Score! It's not exactly like the dress in my e-pic inspiration, but I think the embroidery on the bottom and ruffle hem gives it the perfect country flair. Now all we need is a sunny day (And preferably a somewhat warm one. Come on Texas, I know you can do it, even at the end of October.)

3 comments:

Sadie said...

"I know what I want and I won't stop until I find it (on sale, of course)" Love it! Pics w/ Bevo and kickin your boots will be cute! Can't wait to see the pics, love ya!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

The dress and the pics suit your personality perfectly.

And don't you LOVE getting up to the register and finding out something is on sale??

Amanda said...

yes! it's so great when it rings up even lower than you were expecting!