Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wedding Dress Shopping, 2.0

As I mentioned before, this dress shopping is proving to be tougher than I thought it would! After going to three different shops last week and really not finding anything that said to me I'M YOUR DRESS!, I felt discouraged and lost on where to go from there. So I did what any bride in this situation would do... I stalked anyone and everyone whose wedding photos I could find on Facebook. I like to see real brides wearing their dresses at their weddings more than just looking at the pictures of the models on the designers' websites, and what better place to find hundreds of wedding photos that the good ol' FB?!

I started looking through all the photos of my friends and if I saw one that looked like it was at a wedding, I stalked that person's photo album and found all sorts of lovely weddings, brides and dresses! I'm not going to lie, several of the photos in my Wedding Inspiration Folder on my computer (ok, they are actually all just saved to my desktop, taking over the screen, but whatev) are from random people's weddings that I don't know but found on Facebook!

I came across one of my Facebook friends whose profile picture was of her on her wedding day. She was wearing a gorgeous dress, with lace and detailing and a sweetheart neck and pretty much everything I was looking for. I am real life friends with this girl, sort of. We went to college together, she was a year or two younger than me, and I haven't talked to her in oh... five years. But I was feeling desperate and sent her a message asking who made her dress and where she got it. She wrote back right away and was super sweet (whew! I'm not a total Facebook stalker creeper!) and told me it was a Paloma Blanca and that she got it at Mockingbird Bridal in Dallas. Wha? I went there last week! But admitedly, we had just come from another store where I must have tried on 20 dresses and we barely had time to scarf down a quick lunch before our appointment at Mockingbird, so once we got there I was tired, hungry and slightly crabby. I breezed through the racks, grabbed five totally random dresses and tried them on, not liking any of them. I knew I didn't give Mockingbird a fair chance, so I called and made another appointment for Friday.

I did my research this time, scouring the Paloma Blanca site and picking out eight dresses that I wanted to try. I was off work Friday (Fair Day!), so I grabbed my BFF and Bridesmaid Virginia, and we showed up with a plan. We tried on four of the PB's I had on my list, as well as two others that I ended up snagging from the girl who was in the dressing room next to mine. She kept coming out in these gorgeous dresses that I'd be eyeing, and my sales associate was kind enough to get them for me to try as well.

I pretty much loved every one of the dresses I tried on. They were so fabulous. I have my Top Three, with a very good chance that one of them is The One! (!!!!)

I'm going to hold off posting the ones in the running, but since it's alway fun to look at dresses, here are more of the rejects! PS. These aren't the best photos because you aren't technically allowed to take pics at this shop. But BM V was totally awesome at sneaking them when we were in the fitting room!



No comments: