Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Looking for "the one"

What do you think would prove to be more difficult? Finding a fiance or finding a dress? Well let me tell you my friends, it might have taken me 23 years to find Mark, but it's going to take me at least as many dresses to find "the one."

Any girl who has known anyone who's gotten married has heard stories of dress shopping. Stories of friends who put on a dress in the store and suddenly angels started singing and trumpets started sounding because it was the one. They just knew. Their heart skipped a beat and the suddenly saw themselves walking down the aisle to their one and only wearing this most perfect dress.

I haven't found that yet. Haven't even come close, really. I've found plenty of could-be-the-one's, or good-enough-to-be-the-one's, but nothing that's making the world halt when I step out of the dressing room. After trying on at least thirty dresses and (are you surprised?) some tears of frustration, I leave you with.. the rejects.










My mom and my aunt came along on this round of hunting and we ended our day with some margaritas while I sulked about dresses and nothing being out there that I liked (that didn't cost three times what I can spend) and why oh why are weddings so expensive?? But a few days later, I'm ready to start again and have a new perspective on it all. I know my one is out there!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

None of those fit you, Amanda. I can tell.

Where all have you gone? Maybe I can give you some new ideas.

Oh, I already have one.

Unbridaled in Austin. Check it out. I think it might be your style.