Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Keeping You on Your Toes

I decided to switch up my header, just to spice things up. This is a picture of my parents' "herd" of longhorns, up at our house in Muenster. Are you in the market for a longhorn? Feel free to give my folks a call and arrange to bring one of these guys home to your backyard. Check 'em out at Double N Cattle. (Or, looking for a website designer? My sister is your gal).

This past weekend we debated switching up our wedding venue and date. My mom found a ranch that hosts private events about 20 miles from the church we'll be getting married in, so she went to check it out with my dad and sisters. She calls me Friday morning and insists that this is THE place we've been looking for and that we must book it right now, but they aren't available on our date. But they do have a Saturday in June open. So I call the priest. The photographer. The WP. The future in-laws. (All while in the car driving out to the lake for the weekend.) And everyone is free on the June date. So we decide to go check the place out when we get back into town on Sunday. It was a very charming, very rustic ranch complete with some goats and a miniature horse. They had a ballroom that had the right look, but it was just too small. Even though the owner (who could not have been any nicer) swore they can set it up for 270, I just couldn't imagine us all crammed in that space. So we decided to forgo it and stick with what we've got. I'm relived because the idea of switching everything and notifying everyone already involved was nerve racking. But I am also bummed, because the ranch and the people who owned it were fabulous.

Well, Gus is demanding my attention. He's pretty cute, so I guess I'll go play with him for a while :)

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

You know, I had the same thoughts at the Petroleum Club when they were telling me that they can set up for 260... It doesn't look like that big of a space to me.

But, these people do it for a living, so what do I know? :)

When you know, you know. (That goes for you, the bride, missy.)