Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Oh Goodness!

Where do I even begin? The longer I stay away from the blog, the more I dread coming back to it. It's hard to imagine that I will "catch up" on everything that I've neglected so far. But, here it is in a (lengthy) nutshell.

Since You've (I've) Been Gone:

I lost my still new-ish iPod, bought a new one, lost the new one, found the new one. Whew. Original one still MIA.

Went to Austin for a whirlwind Memorial Day weekend.

Got engaged. I think I may have mentioned that :)

Finished out the school year. Hooray for summer hours, short weeks and casual day everyday.

Resurrected the ol'Book Club. Picked the first new book. Read the first new book. Hosted the first new meeting. Started on Book 2 last night.

Spend a weekend with the future in-laws. Showed off the ring. Revisted the engagement site. Toasted over brunch.

Scoped out some reception sites in Muenster. It's slim pickings out there. But I believe in the power of good lighting and a lot of flowers.

Found a florist that I LOVE. Love, love, love.

Picked out about 28 bridesmaid dresses that I could be perfectly happy with. Haven't really thought too much about my own dress...

Set the date. Haven't 100% committed to it though. Spring Wedding? Summer Wedding? Winter wedding? I can't decide!!!!

Spent a weekend at a friend of a friend's lakehouse. It was cold and rainy, but we had a good time nonetheless.

Met with my BFF's mom twice since the engagement. BFF got married last fall and her mom did all the planning, so she's full of advice and tidbits. She's sending me almost daily emails with pages of information and ideas.

Started my Wedding Binder. So much fun!

Hired a wedding planner. Slash best friend. It's nice having a good friend with her own wedding planning business because she a)gives me a steal of a deal on her rates and b)"work expenses" our happy hours and picks up the tab

Will this blog take on a huge wedding planning theme now? Probably. Not entirely, but likely a lot. What else will I have on the brain for the next however many months?! Tonight Mark and I are meeting with a photographer to hear him out and get some prices. I am super stoked. The wedding photography is one of my most favorite parts of all of this, so I want to get me a good one.

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

You should see who SH used for her photographer... I LOVE her pictures! The slideshow is crazy good.

I can't wait to hear wedding plans! I'm so excited for you! Where did you get engaged anyway? It kind of looked like A-town to me?

What are book club books? I need to be reading something besides Harry Potter.

HOW EXCITING!!!!!

Thanks for the update. :)

Sadie said...

Wow busy lady-lot on your plate but good thing for summer hours to plan all your wedding stuff! How do I get to your engagement page? Look forward to reading all about the wedding plans via the KYB.