Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Late Night Blogging

10:15. This is late night for me. I am usually half asleep, trying to stay awake for the weather report by this time. I don't know why I'm not tired today. I just watched the 18th hour of the Bachelor for the week. I'm over it. And also a little bummed that Jillian is the next Bachelorette. She didn't really impress me that much. Plus, I think they need to cut this thread of rejects and start fresh. It's gone from Brad to Deanna to Jason to Jillian. I might have to officially give up on this show. I say that, but I probably won't for real. It's a fun thing to watch with friends. We've started g-chatting during the episodes, since we don't all live in the same town and can't watch it all together like we did in college. Plus, if I didn't watch it, what would I talk about at lunch every Tuesday? Sigh.

Tomorrow is Mark and I's two year anniversary. This is also my first time to ever celebrate a two year anniversary. It seems like such a long time. But then again, it does feel like I've known Mark forever. We're getting lunch together to celebrate, which is exciting because it makes the work day a little exciting and gives me a reason to get a little more dressed up than usual. So that will be fun :) He doesn't read this blog (or even know it exists) so I can reveal the amazing gift I got him for the occasion. Ready? A lamp. His first lamp for his house (that he has lived in for four years). He says he doesn't believe in lamps. Thinks they are stupid. I am here to change his mind and show him the true gloriousness of the soft dim glow of a lamp. I LOVE lamps. 99% of the time, I use lamps instead of the overhead lights. I have (mentally counting...) six lamps in my one bedroom/700 square foot apartment. One in the kitchen, one on my desk, two in the living room and two in my bedroom. I would have one in the bathroom as well, but it only has one plug outlet and it would be too annoying to plug and unplug it every morning for the hair dryer/straightener routine. I even have two lamps at my desk at work. Is this a little crazy? Perhaps.

In the spirit of keeping this post completely random, today at work I helped with a pizza party for 45 PreK kiddos, three cars got broken into in our school's parking lot, our phones were down all afternoon and are expected to stay dead until end of the day tomorrow, and the three legged cat bit me (another story for another day). But the good news is that my boss handed me and my two coworkers her school credit card at 12:30 and told us to go get lunch on her. So we had a nice (long) break at corner bakery, My only regret? We didn't get dessert.

Jay Leno's on now. I should so be asleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1) love our bachelor g-chats 2) I should def be asleep by now too! 3) you have inspired me to blog more again 4) CONGRATS on 2 years w/ Marky Mark! So happy, hope he loves his lamp, Matt's 2 anniversary present to me was burnt orange throw pillows, lol 5) Love you!!!