Monday, March 9, 2009

Dos Anos



Two years ago me and this guy had the DTR talk. I had been waiting and waiting for it to come up, but was much too embarrassed to bring up the topic myself (so very typically me). After about three months of dating, we went out one Saturday night and one of my friends pointedly asked Mark if I was his girlfriend. I pretended not to hear, but he mentioned it to me later that night. I just kind of blew it off, still way too embarrassed to have the conversation. The next day, we were about to go out and get lunch when he casually said, "So about what Laura asked me last night..." My heart stopped in my chest and I decided to play dumb. "Oh what was that? I don't remember?" So he had to spell it out for me and we danced around the "so are you my boyfriend" line and mutually agreed that we did really like each other and that this was a real relationship. Then we went out to get our McDonald's.

Two years later and we still get Mickey D's for special occasions and laugh at how we became "official" while sitting side by side on my old futon. We celebrated our Dos Anos with sushi at Kona Grill, the very place and meal where we had our first date, back in 2006. It doesn't feel like that long ago. But it also feels like we've known each other forever. Cheesy? Yes.

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Hahaha, you are SO a girl after my own heart... I'll just pretend not to hear or be involved in any of this... ;)

Happy anniversary!

Mary Beth said...

congrats! i love you + your man.