Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's a New Year


So, I survived my first week back at work after the holiday break. Dare I say it wasn't that bad? It actually felt nice to have a purpose to each day, other than laying on the couch watching Ellen and My House is Worth What (but don't get me wrong, those days were great). I eased back into the other aspects of my regular routine - meaning I have yet to step foot into the gym during 2009, but I have taken two jog/walks and started a new goal of 10 push-ups a day. I encourage every one to try this.. it's really tough for the first 3 or 4 days, but you'd be surprised how quickly they get easier. I'm already pumping my ten out with ease and will probably start doing 12 soon. Plus, it literally takes about 30 seconds, so there's no excuses to not doing them. First thing in the AM, right after work, just before bed -- you can do them in PJs or heels.. give it a try.

Looking forward, I'm doing the ever so original resolution to lose weight, which means eating better and working out more. So creative, I know. But I'm going to give myself some rewards, in hopes of really motivating myself to succeed. I'm thinking that bribing myself with the JCrew spring catalog (hello summer, I am officially ready for you to be here) might actually make it happen. I'll keep you posted.

I'm babysitting tonight. Joy. It's really no that painful, but I'd much rather spend the evening at Mark's house, watching the new Gossip Girl episode. However, I am only $40 away from having enough cash to buy an iPhone next month, when my AT&T contract is up for renewal. I told myself I would not spend a dime of any "real" money on it, and cash feels so make-believe to me. So I'm stashing it away whenever possible to make sure I'm there in line on February 1.

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I'm on the weight loss resolution train, too. How lame? I agree on the pushups... my trainer is always making me do them. I should follow your example though and do them daily.

And YIKES (!) to Valley View... my mom swears it actually was a nice mall a LONG time ago. Very, very sketch... but you did find something you could use, so yay! :)

--Sara (who is all too often bored at work).