Thursday, January 15, 2009

Growl... says my tummy

This New Year's resolution is leaving me very hungry. I am trying to be more conscious of what I eat all day and avoid the always-dooming mindless snacking. I "practiced" over the weekend and started my for-real-eating-better on Monday. I've done pretty good so far. When we had Blue Mesa brought in for lunch at work on Monday, I partook in the sweet potato chips, but then I had a can of fat free soup for dinner. Last night, I made a salad and loaded on the veggies, and then went to the Mavs game and resisted the jumbo pretzels that were calling my name. Today I ate my lean cuisine and pear for lunch, but didn't go grab a bag of Cheez-Its from the snack drawer in our office. But now that I'm back at my desk, all I can think of is those Cheez-Its. And how very hungry I still am. I'm doing this Biggest Loser style, with a weekly weigh in on Monday mornings. I just want to see some sort of decline. A half pound. Anything. Sure it will probably be all water, but if that number is lower come Monday morning than it was this week, I think I can stay motivated to try it for seven more days.

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I use fitday.com to look at what I'm eating... it's really useful!

I did your pushups tonight! Did you know the UT fight song is PERFECT for pushups??? :)