Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Parrotheads

This weekend we are going to the Jimmy Buffet concert. No big deal, right? Wrong. Apparently this is some sort of cultural phenom that swarms of people flock to every summer, spending entire weekends tailgating in anticipation of J.B.'s arrival. Mark has been telling me for months that I need to get my act together and purchase my outfit for this occasion and I keep assuring him that I'll find something in my closet to wear. Yesterday he really started to put the pressure on, telling me I should Google Image what people wear to the concerts and then keep my eyes out for a good outfit. So I looked it up online and saw a bunch of Hawaiian print shirts, grass skits and flowered leis. OK fine. I'll get something new to wear, but I want it to at least be something I can wear again. I found this shirt online, which I think is going to be the winner:

We are hitting up the mall tomorrow after work to make our official purchases, but I promise we won't end up looking like these folks, courtesy of Google.

When I mentioned to my coworker our plans for the weekend, she gasped and said "Oh. I cannot wait to hear what you thought about it next week." She went to a Buffet concert in college with her then underage boyfriend and said swears she will never go again. I'm thinking it will be fun though, but the official report will come some time next week. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Morgan Ash said...

I love how your bf says you need to get a new outfit!!!! Mark is funniest, cutest guy ever. And I think your dress will fit the bill - cutest ParrotHead ever! Remember how much Ryan Segall loves Jimmy Buffet? Maybe he can give you some advice. My parents went to his concert last summer and had a ball. They said it was one of those once in a lifetime experiences. So have a corona on me!