Thursday, November 8, 2007

Meow?

Ask anyone who knows me, I like cats. I've even been accused of being a cat (thank you, Mary). For the past several months, I've considered adopting a little kitty to live with me in my apartment. I want a little guy who will curl up with me when I watch TV and snuggle with me in bed. After a few months of halfway looking for a new friend to adopt, I am now in full Find-A-Cat mode. My first place to look was at the SPCA of McKinney, where I met this little guy, Parker:
Correction, Parker is not a little guy. He's actually a little on the heavy side. But he was the sweetest cat of the bunch, and they had close to 50 cats wandering around in one big glass room. He followed me everywhere, let me pet him and even rolled over for a belly rub. And he looks at you with those eyes that say "Why am I here? I want to go home. Please take me home." So Parker's in the running.

Tonight I go to meet our second candidate, Tulsa. Tulsa is a little guy who lives in a foster home with all the other little orphan kitties. I have to pass a screening process and impress Tulsa's foster mom Katie in order to be deemed a Good Cat Mother. It's quite the rigorous process; you'd think I was adopting a small child from Africa. But really, what kitty wouldn't love me?!
sfd

2 comments:

Morgan Ash said...

Good luck!! There's nothing cuter than a kitten!

Mary Beth said...

eww.