Thursday, March 10, 2011

48 Hours

Until I land in this place to visit this girl!



It can't come soon enough.

Just now at work, I had to call the Fancy Schmancy Club where we are having a retirement reception next month and tell them the $35,000 quote they gave me needs to be more in the $8,000 range, per my boss. There was a moment of silence on the other end. She thinks I'm crazy. And for what I'm asking, I think she might be right. If they can't come down to our budget, we have to change locations. For an event that is NEXT MONTH. And for which the invitations are all printed up and sitting in a box next to me, waiting to be mailed today.

I'm keeping my eye on the prize. Miami. Beach. Tan. Pool drinks.

3 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Um... what? Is your boss crazy?? I think so. Which club?

That's absolutely insane.

But Miami. Beach. Tan. and MBK.

Life will be good. ;)

sara [at] journey of doing said...

PS... I'm pretty sure Gus-gus should be keeping me company, as we can be toothless together.

Amanda said...

The Petroleum Club! I know, crazy right?

Gus would love to come keep you company. He is pretty much avoiding Mark and I, since we keep cornering him and squirting medicine in his mouth.

Ahh the beach. So close.