Monday, January 3, 2011

Cliche

I joined Weight Watchers on January1.

It's probably their most popular sign-up day ever and I decided to jump on the Resolution Bandwagon as well. I am really wanting some extra motivation in 2011 to drop some of these LB's I've gained since this summer and I think WW could help me out again. Today was my first day back at work since before the holidays and let's just say that I had to try 3 different pairs of black pants before I found a pair that weren't a little too snug! I did Weight Watchers before my wedding and had a decent amount of success, and this time around I'm hoping for an even better experience. I'll do my weigh in's on Monday, so check back... I just might share my results :)

The Hubs is looking to lose weight with me, although he's not using WW. But I think with both of us in this new mindset together, we'll push each other to go to the gym after work, cook at home instead of grabbing fast food, and altogether be healthier each day. We are both a little softer on the edges since the wedding (maybe even the softest since we've known each other!) and are looking to slim down and tone up in '11. I don't know why, but I really feel like we're going to do well this time around. We always say we'll start a diet on Monday, quit eating so much crap tomorrow, blah, blah, blah. But I think we are really ready to do this and do it right. Call it the New Year or call it none-of-my-jeans-fit-so-what-am-I-supposed-to-wear. I'm almost excited to start hitting up the gym and steaming some veggies!

Happy New Year my friends!

3 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Right there with you, lady.

We need a catch up date. That doesn't involve food.

Amanda said...

Amen sister. We should meet at the mall... retail therapy always does me some good. Or, manicures! :)

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I like both of those ideas. :)