Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Posting Once Every Month is Totally Okay...

1. Today my mom, aunt and I shopped for NINE hours. Nine. Hours. Straight. Ouch, my feet. They hurt. We were on a quest for a Mother of the Bride Dress. We had zero luck. We went to, in this order:

Stardust
Willow Bend (Neiman's, Saks, Ann Taylor Loft) (ok that last one was for me, not the MOB!)
Terry Costa
Lunch break at Chili's
Galleria (Neiman's, Saks, Macy's)
The store in Addison where I got my dress
BACK to Willow Bend for Macy's and Dillards
Michaels (for wedding crafty items)

Whew. We found NOTHING we liked. Not even one "maybe". It was disheartening and also exhausting!

2. Yesterday we got our very first wedding gift!! It showed up on Mark's doorstep, in all its Crate and Barrel glory.

3. So today I bought a big ol' stack of thank you cards.

4. Tomorrow we are crafting up some moss balls. Should be interesting!

5. The bridal diet is not going well. One great week is often followed up by 3 straight days or completely negating all that was good. Le sigh. Starting over tomorrow, again!

3 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

There is not a Neiman's at Galleria. If we did, I'd be screwed. ;)

How about Nordstrom at North Park? Maybe Barney's?

Brides and Beaux in Colleyville? Mockingbird Bridal?

Lenz Boutique in Frisco?

Amanda said...

lol, you're right. I could have sworn we went to two Neiman's, but it was Nordstrom. We actually found two contenders at (our third) Macy's this morning. We bought both. She is actually wearing one right now, at 10:30 pm, debating it.

I got my veil at Lenz!

I owe you an email. And a happy hour! Sounds like things are going FAB with you! :)!!

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Yay for MOTB contenders!