Sunday, December 6, 2009

Stars, They're Just Like Us!


They Craft!

Saturday afternoon, I was frantically running around trying to get some things accomplished before watching UT in the Big 12 Championship Game (ps. Hunter Lawrence, I love you). I knew I wanted to work on some crafty wedding projects while the game was on, so I stopped by Michael's on my was over to Mark's house. Once inside, I grabbed a basket and started my lap around the store.

This weekend my BFF/college roomie is having her Bachelorette party in Austin. Five bridesmaids (myself included) are hosting the party, which will have a Tacky Christmas meets Lingerie Shower meets Night on the Town theme. I am in charge of games and decorations, so I hit up Michaels with a few items in mind, but was also looking for anything and everything that jumped out at me. I literally walked through the entire store, aisle by aisle, waiting for inspiration to hit. After about an hour (what happens to time when you're in Michaels, seriously?!) I headed to the check out line. I was digging through my coupon bag in my purse (yes, I carry a gallon size Ziploc bag full of coupons at all time. Laugh if you must, but I NEVER pay full price!) when the lady behind me (who must have seen all the clipped coupon goodness) asks if I have any spare ones she can use. I strike up a conversation with her as I rummage through my pile a little more to find her one and she tells me I'll never guess who she just saw in the yarn aisle.

"Who?" (I'm thinking hmm.. maybe it was a Dallas athlete? But in the yarn aisle? Maybe not.)

"Uma Thurman."



"Wha? Uma? Uma Thurman's in this Michael's right now?!" (Frantically scanning around the store to catch a glimpse)

"Yeah. She was buying yarn. She said her friend is teaching her to knit."

"Does she live in Dallas? I can't believe this!" (Still searching everywhere for her. I seriously walked up and down every aisle in the place. Some even twice. How could I have missed here?!)

"I don't think so. She must be visiting someone."

Sigh. It's my turn to pay and I've missed Uma. But be it known that Uma shops at my Michaels. Or at least she did this weekend. If you happen to see her knitting in the pages of US Weekly next week, know that you heard it here first. Uma crafts with the rest of us. Stars. They really are just like us!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Hilarious! What are the odds?

...and I'm thinking you need to share your crafty side with me... I'm always looking for projects to entertain me on the weekend...

and Hunter Lawrence is my hero. I was so depressed, and then that amazing thing happened.

Pasadena bound? My friend Ashley and her family threw their name in the hat for end zone tickets a couple months ago, hoping Texas would be bowl bound... I'm a little jealous.