Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Bridal Boot Camp - The Results!

Cue the dramatic music.

Last weekend I went to my last class of boot camp for our final workout and.... the results. Yikes.

We started the (freezing) Saturday morning with six laps around the track. In forty-five degree weather. I live in Texas. I am a wimp in the cold. Then we ran suicides down the football field. Did more pushups than I could remember. And several other painful things. But I stuck it out. Finally, the hour ended and we gathered round to get our results.

I was nervous, for sure. I knew I didn't eat well for most of the five weeks, and I was afraid that was going to completely negate all the working out and physical activity I was doing in the class. When my name was called, I went to get my slip of paper with my before and after stats and debated waiting until I was in the car to check them. But everyone else was comparing their results, so I bit the bullet and took a peek.

I lost.... 1.3 pounds!! Woo! I'll take it. Better than nothing. MUCH better than gaining. I also lost a total of 3.5 inches total (from waist and hips) and gained a half inch in my biceps (which I am preeeetty sure is due to the fact that I was wearing a fleece pullover on the day they took the last measurements, but shh, don't tell). I also lost just over .5% body fat, so again, much better than nothing.

I left the class feeling very motivated. Hey, I can do this stuff! And just imagine how much better it could have turned out if I actually hadn't eaten Thanksgiving dinner four times?! So I'm ready to sign up again for the class in January, only this time - with the wedding looming only six months ahead - I am going to stick to it FOR REAL.

You've got my word. Wedding dress, here I come!!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

We need to work out together... and get motivated together. Seriously.