Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blogging is difficult when...

.... you're halfway moved out of your apartment!

Throw in the fact that we're two weeks away from Christmas (read: Christmas tree, presents, gift wrap, everywhere) and that we're storing wedding gear (read: candles, mason jars, bridesmaid dresses, a lot of decor "stuff") AND that we just bought the new TV (read: the old TV and it's entire entertainment center are sititng in the middle of Mark's dinning room) and.. things get difficult.

Oh, the stress. Oh, the mess.

One big part of marriage is the merging of two households. My household consists of a one bedroom apartment filled to the brim with a lot of knick knacks, tupperware and cat toys. His household is an actual house, overflowing with not only his stuff, but also his roommate's stuff, and now.. half of my stuff. That's a lot of stuff.

We decided early on that we aren't going to live together until we get married. We have our reasons, just like people who choose to do the opposite have their reasons. We almost caved when we first got engaged, but we decided that since we've waited this long, we could surely make it a few more months.

But. My apartment lease runs out December 31 and while I could have renewed it for another six months and everything would have been fine and dandy, the idea of not paying rent for six months and saiving up a big pile of cash sounded a lot better. I am so very fortunate to have the world's greatest aunt and uncle who live just up the highway from me, and who happen to be empty nesters living in a great big ol' empty house. They so kindly offered to let me stay with them until the wedding, sans rent!

So thus, we are moving all of my stuff out of my apartment and cramming it into Mark's house, wherever it will fit. The guest room was our obvious storage space, but lo and behold, we actually will have guests over the holidays, so it's all going into the bedroom and the dining room, more or less. We've decided that walking around the house is totally overrated. Climbing is way more fun.

The plan is to be moved out of my place before Christmas so basically.. this weekend.

Ahh!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Sad!! I'm bummed you are moving, but it's for exciting reasons, so I will just have to get over it.

You guys are going to have to figure out what STUFF is staying and what STUFF is going! That's kind of fun. Then you'll get to do it again after your showers.

I need some of that Christmas wrapping. I just have bags in front of the front door. Nicee.