Monday, November 30, 2009

e-pics!!!!

I was scrambling around Wednesday morning, trying to get packed to leave town for Thanksgiving when I quickly opened my email. Buried in between 37 emails from JCrew (really JC, I love you but the email overload is killing me) I saw an email saying our photographer Brooks had posted some of our engagement pictures on Facebook. I dropped my pile of laundry I was in the process of folding/packing and plopped down at the computer. Umm... yay!!!!!

Here are our favs that he posted on the 'Book. Below each, a narration of what was going down during the (super fun but slightly awkward at times) photo shoot!


Yes, here we are canoodling in front of a birdbath, on the one and only busy street in Muenster, where we took the pics. Cars were driving by staring, while Mark and I snuggled and laughed and acted like we always hung out with our faces two inches apart.


This one could not have come out more perfect. Love. It.


This one took some serious work. Turns out Longhorns aren't that cooperative and don't always want to pop their head out from under the fence and smile at the camera. Behind the scenes action included my dad running around pouring out range cubes (read: Longhorn Treats) on the grass in strategic places, our photographer laying on the ground tasting said range cubes, and Mark and I once again canoodling like none of this was out of the ordinary and hoping desperately to not get poked by a set of horns! The results? Pretty much amazing.


"Oh yes, we were just out working on the farm and now we are just resting against this here rusty gate as the sun sets behind us."


Looooove this one! Love it. This was taken through the gate that leads down the road to my parents' place. Perfect mix of Texas flair and a bit o' romance.


Now this one may be my fav. What you can't tell is that Mark is totally sweating/shaking/straining to hold me up as we gaze at each other and smile. I guess running around and twirling me in the fields isn't in his normal work out regime. What would have thought?

We are thrilled with how these and all the others came out. I've got some great Save the Date's in the works using some of them, and we know just what the parents are getting for Christmas this year - framed pictures of us (and perhaps a few cows)!

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I saw these when Brooks posted them, and I was sooooooooo mad I couldn't comment. The last two are my absolute favourite of the ones posted. The lighting in the second one is AMAZING, but the composition of the first is amazing. Both are my favs. Can't wait to see your Save the Dates (can't bring myself to hyphenate S-T-D, how unromantic)...