Friday, November 20, 2009

Check, Checkity, Check!

What's better than making a great big list of things to do, and then checking tasks off as you accomplish them?? For me, being the over-organized, list-loving, sharpie-carrying B2B that I am, not much!

Earlier this week, I met up with the WP to catch up on the wedding plans. She is a total rock star, and made me a calendar for the next eight months, showing what we need to be focusing on week by week. Now normally you would think that 32 weeks of things to do and projects to complete and crafts to craft would be terrifying/overwhelming, but I was so excited! I think its purely because of the calendar/To Do format that she used, which is one big list just waiting for me to cross things off of it. She, Mark and I are all sharing the calendar on Google documents, so we can all keep track of what we need to be working on and what's coming up ahead, as well as edit and change/add things to the plan as needed. Right now, we're on Save the Dates, which means I need to get them designed and printed (still waiting on the photos for that), get our wedding website completed (which is waaay more time consuming that I thought it would be!) and get some of the hotel blocks figured out. Apparently some people are WAY on the ball and book hotel rooms as soon as they know about the wedding. Who would have thought?!

It feels good to have a game plan now, and a nice organized list to keep us all on track. I'm off work all next week (yay Thanksgiving Break!), so I should be able to get cracking on it. Plus, we'll be spending time at both parents' houses for the holiday, so that should be plenty of time to sit around and work on our website, while we stuff our faces with turkey (twice!).


The infamous calendar, courtesy of my WP/BFF

1 comment:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I'm super jealous that you're spending the whole week off.... I got absolutely nothing done at work today, haha. I'm sure tomorrow will be just as worthless!

I want to see engagement pictures!