Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday!!

This morning when my alarm went off, I jumped out of bed. I am so. pyshed. that it is Monday! Why? Because this weekend is over!!

This weekend was my school's 50th Anniversary/New Building Dedication/Alumni Reunion. I worked for three days straight. I was really, really nervous about most if it, mainly the Alumni Reunion, because I was 100% solely in charge of it. If it ended up sucking, it all would have been back on me. But everything was fantastic. Even better than expected. It all went so smoothly and was really a lot of fun for everyone. I am just so relieved that it's all over now!

Along with a weekend of work I also ate complete crap for the past three days. Take a look:

Friday - First ever GSES Homecoming Football Game, complete with The Hamburger Man grilling up burgers for everyone.
Saturday - New building Dedication, Alumni Art Show and Carnival, with all you can eat FREE pizza (hello, three slices) hot dogs, chips, ice cream and snow cones
Saturday Night - My reunion party! I was silently crying two weeks ago when only 47 people had RSVP'ed. We ended up with over 200 there! And.. BBQ brisket, potato salad, rolls and pie. Yum.
Sunday Morning - Alumni Breakfast.. you know, sausage, bacon, croissants, cinnamon rolls, yum, yum, yum

Saturday afternoon you would think I would have crashed, but I forged on and went to meet Laura and her sister and mom to try on her bridesmaid dresses (adorable!) and then we all grabbed lunch at Corner Bakery and chatted for a while. Then it was off to meet my dad to go to an open house up at Ursuline, and then.... dinner at Uncle Julio's. By this point, I was beyond full, yet went ahead and filled up even more on chips, salsa and tacos.

I'm starting over in October. Something's gotta give here!

Wedding dress shopping.. next week!

No comments: