Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Getting it in Writing


Over Labor Day, we trekked up to Abilene, Kansas for Mark's extended family reunion. Less than a week later, we'd made the papers up there with quite the extensive write-up on the gathering. I sent this to my parents to show them that I was famous in the great state of KS and my dad replied saying that seeing the word "fiance" in front of my name made it suddenly very "real." Well yes Dad, this is indeed real.

As you'll notice a few lines below me, I'm not going to be the first Amanda Neuschafer out there - his cousin has a daughter in college who bears the same great name. Mark's two little cousins who were there asked my with wide eyes, "are you going to be my cousin too??" There were pretty adorable and just might be in the running for some flower girls.