Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love You, Presidents

Happy President's Day! In honor of George and Abe, this post is coming at you straight from home, on the couch, in front of the TV. Nice. I feel like I have a lot to celebrate today, besides the day off from work.

In honor of Valentine's Day and me having two days off from work this weekend, I decided to throw eating healthy right out the window. I didn't take one day off like I did for the Super Bowl, of just the weekend off like I did for my sister's birthday. I took the whole week off. Mark and I basically celebrated V-Day from Thursday night until this morning, so I went ahead and started early this week, eating bad from the get go. We had our fancy dinner on Thursday and had (the very best ever) guacamole as an appetizer, and then I ordered a GREAT BIG burger with fries AND potato cakes. I had a beer. Yum. We got Paciugo for dessert and ordered the large size cup with four different flavors. For breakfast I had TWO grands biscuits, bacon, sausage and eggs. I think I must have eaten no less than 20 Hershey's miniatures this weekend. And that's a low guess. On Valentine's Day, we had our traditional romantic dinner at the McDonald's drive-thru and got (more) ice cream. Last night, we ordered pizza and i had FOUR slices. It was a fantastic weekend, food wise. I never let myself feel guilty about any of it.

This morning I knew I had to weigh myself to log my weekly weight. I debated skipping it altogether, but the online program I am using kept reminding me that today is my weight day. So I stepped on the scale this morning and cringed, more than usual.

Something is completely backwards. I lost two pounds. How?? I have no idea. Apparently burgers and pizza and chocolate, with bare minimal exercise works for me. Hmm. This also makes 5 pounds lost so far in '09. Woo! Slow and steady. Summer, here I come. Bring on the bathing suits.

One of my favorite blogs, yourwishcake, often posts about working out and and being healthy and staying motivated. plus, she's as cute as can be and makes all kinds of fun crafts. Following the lead from her blog, I am setting a goal for myself this week (just one, not a whole list! I gotta make it somewhat attainable) to run 5 miles. In 5 days. So that's a mere one mile a day for 5 days. The only catch is I have to run these miles, not walk them, like I tend to do these days. I figure if Sara can run 2.25 EVERY DAY, I can manage 5 short spurts this week.

Oh and in case you were wondering, Mark was pretty adorable with his Valentine's plans. He mailed me a home made card inviting me to dinner with him and since I never check my mail, it sat in my box for almost a week, while he sweated it out. I finally got it the day before the invite's date, much to his relief. He was brainstorming ways to get me to check my mail without giving it away. This is our third V-Day together and our third time to celebrate our own "Fake Valentine's Day," which basically means we don't go out on the 14th, but skip the crowds and preset menus and opt for a happy meal and ice cream cone on the real day and a nice dinner out sometime else that week. It means two days to celebrate and twice the fun.

Well, I'm off to the outlet malls. Let's hope for some good sales. Big plans this weekend as well - an out of town wedding and a trip to Austin early next week for a work conference. I'm looking forward to seeing friends and celebrating some pretty big news with them :) I'm also looking forward to wearing my new black dress to the wedding. I got it at Zara on the clearance rack for 14.99, marked down from $129.99. Dear lord. You can't pass up something like that!

2 comments:

sara [at] journey of doing said...

Your eating makes me sick! It's sooooooooo not fair! :) I haven't weighed in since returning from London-town. There was a scale in our bathroom, but it was in kg/stones. Though if I did the math right... from kgs to lbs, perhaps I've lost. That was before the Italian food though, I think.

Congrats on your 5lbs! That's great!!! You can run 5 miles. I know you can. I definitely didn't think I could do it.

Apparently, I'm inspiring MB to run, too! We can all run together.

Any good sales?? I didn't get to do any shopping in London. :( :( :(

sara [at] journey of doing said...

I'm not sure my other comment went through or not... sooo...

It's so not fair that you lost weight after all that... you're so lucky! But, I do believe it's important to enjoy yourself or you won't do well... I LOVE Paciugo. Have you ever tried their violet flavor? It's the weirdest thing ever and can't be described, but it's tasty!!

You can do the 5 miles! I know you can! Apparently, I inspired MBK to run, too. We can all be running fools together. I love it. :) I do the small goal thing, too. Big ones are just too daunting.

What a sweet boyfriend. We (Mary Beth and I) talked about him this weekend... ;) I loveeee that he sent you a card.

Any good sales at the outlets? Sadly, I did NO shopping in London... BOO! :-P