Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Up With the Chickens

I woke up at 6:00 today, thanks to my early rising cat who wouldn't keep quiet in the bedroom I share with my sister at my parents' house. I finally got out of bed around 6:45 and dragged him downstairs with me so Kelly could at least sleep in peace. We watched the sun come up and now I'm watching the Today show with the volume down so low I'm having to read their lips to understand the stories. I had two Christmas cookies for breakfast and am browsing all the online sales. Does anyone have short legs? If so, these pants at JCrew are a steal of a deal. I wish they had my size.

Yesterday I played Santa's elf and wrapped close to 30 presents for my mom. It must have taken me 4 hours. Wrapping takes forever! I had to hand-make bows for them out of craft ribbon, which at first was really hard and ended up being pretty fun. I got really good at making those bows. I also baked a batch of Neiman Marcus Cookies. Have you heard the story about their recipe? They are a bit of work to make. The recipe calls for blended oats, chopped nuts and a shredded Hershey's bar. We didn't have a candy bar, so I used a handful of Hershey's kisses and and a cheese grater. It took some time, but the cookies are delicious. Especially for breakfast.

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: