Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas Vacay 2K8

As of twelve noon today I am officially on CHRISTMAS VACATION! The joys of working for a school. I was just as excited as the little kids today, counting down the minutes on the clock. We are getting new carpet in our offices over the holidays, so we had to pack up all our desks and filing cabinets and then move our computers, printer, scanners, etc. etc. etc into the chapel. It was more of a chore than I thought it was going to be. I hit up the Galleria on the way home, before it got too busy this evening. I grabbed a gift for Mark's parents - these adorable luggage tags at Brookstone -- that I thought would be fun for when we travel to China. I think they will make some good stocking stuffers. I still have two more gifts to buy, but they require a trip to Wal Mart, which will likely be INSANE this weekend. I might go first thing tomorrow morning, and hopefully beat the rush.

I put my tree up in my apartment the weekend after Thanksgiving. I love how the Christmas lights make everything feel so cozy. When I leave my place for a few hours, I always leave the tree plugged in so I can see it glowing right when I walk in the door. But then I always have this fear that it's going to catch fire while I'm gone and the complex will burn down and all my stuff will be destroyed. It's a fake tree. I am probably overreacting a tad.

It has been so foggy here all week. Yesterday they predicted "freezing fog," but it turned out it was too warm in the morning. I kind of wanted too see what this freezing fog was though. Is it like driving into sheets of ice? Instead we have mildly warm, slightly brown fog that's lingering everywhere. It's not too pretty. Although I can't help but think that the vampires are out and about in this weather. Twilight, anyone?

No comments: