Thursday, February 14, 2008

Holidays = Exemption from Lent

Lent started last week and this year I decided to take sacrafice to the ultimate extreme and give up desserts and cokes, and pledge to run 40 miles during the 40 days of the season. Really, this is a very selfish lenten promise. Yes it is hard to not eat the yummy treats at work all day and no I don't want to go home and run 3 miles in the afternoon, but I'm trying my darndest. However, I am not doing it so much as a way to suffer with JC during Lent, but to get into shape before the summer rolls around!

Forgive me, Lord.

So for the last seven days, I haven't had my usual Diet Dr. Pepper first thing when I get into work and I haven't once eaten a mini Mr. Goodbar or a Starburst 2 pack. I haven eaten some mints though, becase I decided they don't count as candy. They freshen my breath!

However, I have also decided that holidays don't count as Lent Days of Obligation. So I did eat a piece of cake on my boss's birthday (it would have been rude not to!) and I did eat one little lemmon bar at my friend's engagement party this weekend. Oh and Movie Club Night, totally a holiday, so it was okay that I ate THREE heart cookies. And today, well it's Valentine's Day. You better believe I will be eating every cupcake, cookie and candy heart that comes into my office all day. And I'm making a cake for Mark and me to eat tonight. Right after our romantic dinner from McDonald's! You might think that I am getting jipped with a happy meal for Valentine's Day dinner. No way. It was totally my idea to get fast food tonight. We'll miss the crowded restaurants and overpriced dinners and instead enjoy a hamburger and fries from the comfort of home while watching all the episodes of John and Kate Plus Eight that we have recorded. I can't wait! Besides, we both love us some McD's and need a special occasion to eat it, other than our usual reason, which is when we are hungover.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Morgan Ash said...

I LOVE JOHN AND KATE + 8!!!