Monday, December 3, 2007

Catching Up

I have done a horrible job of staying in touch with my scattered friends, near and far. Since my birthday or even before, I have been getting all kinds of notes, phone calls, texts, cards, online comments and emails from people in Dallas, Austin, Houston and beyond and I keep putting them on my “I’ll get back to them soon” list. Well, soon is long gone and here I still sit, too busy to give them a call or shoot them an email. I feel like a crappy friend and resolve to get back in touch with everyone in the coming days. It’s my Old Year Resolution, since 2007 is basically on its way out and I don’t want to put it off until 2008! So everyone out there: if you recently sent me a sweet Thanksgiving card, recently posted on my Facebook wall asking about Gus, recently called to ask how my holidays are going, recently had a birthday, recently traveled to see your long distance boyfriend, recently met your BF’s family for the first time, recently got married and haven’t seen much of me since, recently sent me a cute ad that reminded you of me, recently thought about me and where the heck I am… I am here and I will be sending you some love soon. Thanks for still sending me the love, even when it sometime seems like it’s unrequited. I assure you it is not!

My last few weeks in a nutshell, just to catch everyone up quickly: Thanksgiving was six straight days of traveling through Texas with nine people in a Volvo. Well, we rented a car halfway through the trip and split between a Volvo and a Hyundai, so it was glamorous indeed. This past weekend was jammed packed with out of town guests, two of which spent twelve hours in the Colin County Jail. Yikes. But we all made it to Dane Cook last night and laughed away the previous night’s troubles to end the weekend on a high note. I hope your week ended on a high as well.

1 comment:

Morgan Ash said...

How did 2 people end up in jail? Craziness.