Sunday, September 30, 2007

Switching Sides


Last Saturday we woke up bright and early to meet my parents and ride up to Stillwater to visit Kelly and go to the OSU-Tech game. This game has long been a rivalry in my family and I've always taken the neutral stance. But this year (in honor of Mark) I decided to sport some orange and cheer for the Pokes. Or rather, Mark MADE me wear orange because he wouldn't let me buy the less-shocking white t-shirt. But I've got to tell you, once I put the shirt on, I morphed right into a natural OSU fan, cheering all the cheers and waving the wheat whenever we scored. My favorite part - the OOOOOOh, S, U! chant. With the help of Kelly, I even perfected my S pose! The game was hot, but very close and exciting. I'm proud to report a Cowboy victory and share that even Dad put on a happy face for the rest of the weekend. Better luck next year, Red Raiders! Go Pokes!
It was a quick trip to Stillwater, but it was still fun to see it as not only the college town where Kelly is spending her school years, but as the place where all Mark's college memories took place. We were back up in Oklahoma this weekend, in Tulsa for Mark's college friend's wedding. More on that later.. it was a great trip with some great times!

No comments: